Flat Panel Covers
These represent one of the more efficient uses of structural materials. Space frames are threedimensional lattice-type structures that span in more than one direction. It is common practice to apply the "space frame" designation to structures that would more accurately be categorized as "space trusses", that is, assemblies of members pin-connected at the joints, or nodes.
In addition to providing great rigidity and inherent redundancy, space frames can span large areas economically, providing exceptional flexibility of usage within the structure by eliminating interior columns. Space frames possess a versatility of shape and form. They can utilize a standard module to generate flat grids, barrel vaults, domes, and free-form shapes.
The most common example of a space truss is the double-layer grid, which consists of top and bottom chord layers connected by web members. Various types of grid orientations can be utilized. Top and bottom chord members can be either parallel or skewed to the edges of the structure, and can be either parallel or skewed to one another.One of the advantages of having top and bottom chords skewed relative to one another is that the top-chord members have shorter lengths, thereby resulting in a more economical design for compressive forces. Also, the longer bottom chords have fewer pieces and connections.
Most space frames are assembled either in-place on a piece-by-piece basis, or in portions on the ground and then lifted into place. In some cases, where construction sequencing permits, the entire space frame can be preassembled on the ground and then lifted into place.
- ABU DHABI ARMED FORCE SPATIAL STRUCTURENovember 24, 2017PROJECT DETAILS OF ABU DHABI ARMED FORCE SPATIAL STRUCTUREProject name: Abu Dhabi Armed Force Spatial Structure ProjectStructure Type: Spatial structureApplication: Hall Design Standard: AISCSurface...view
- AUSTRALIA STEEL STRUCTURE GAS STATIONNovember 24, 2017PROJECT DETAILS of AUSTRALIA STEEL STRUCTURE GAS STATIONSteel structure is mainly composed of steel beam, steel column and steel support, the welding, bolt connection or rivet connection is required b...view
- MALAYSIA KELANTAN SPATIAL STRUCTURE CANOPYNovember 22, 2017Product description and characteristicsThis spatial structure canopy construction is in Malaysia Kelantan and it is composed of spatial structure. What is plate spatial structure? Plate spatial struct...view
- PHILIPPINES OVAL BLEACHERS STEEL TRUSS PROJECTNovember 24, 2017This project is pipe truss oval bleachers in Semirara, the Philippines with area 2042㎡，width 16.9m, length 104m.
This truss structure includes 21 primary trusses. Secondary truss, steel tie bar, column bracing, horizontal bracing are used to connect theview
- AUSTRALIA STEEL STRUCTURE FUEL STATIONJanuary 10, 2018Shell is one of the biggest international oil companies in the world, it is a major manufacturer of oil, gas and petrochemical industry internationally, also is the largest retailers of auto fuel and lubricating oil.view